AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT – AVIATION
Implementation of agile project management in hardware development
Status quo and obejectives
Various development projects were characterized by schedule dependencies, lack of transparency, unrealistic estimates and a resulting failure to comply with the original scheduling.
Tagueri was tasked to secure collaboration within the projects and the future viability of the relevant project teams by introducing the Scrum methodology of agile project management. Compared with classic project management, the goal was to place an increased emphasis on self-organization and ‑responsibility, transparency, focus, prioritization, and not least the building of mutual trust between employees.
Tasks and activities
- Introduction of agile project management structures, in particular the Scrum process
- Employee training seminars and workshops on agility, Scrum, values and principles, as well as the interpretation of roles
- Acting in the capacity of a lateral leader, facilitator, trainer, and chance agent
- Hosting the Scrum meetings, team management and coaching, conflict management
- Certification of client employees as Product Owners
- Consultation for Product Owners and the management with respect to maximizing profitability, optimizing team productivity, and resolving obstacles at the project level
- Introduction and utilization of all Scrum artifacts for status reporting, project meetings, and securing milestones
- Implementation of a new communication strategy and involvement of stakeholders in release planning
- Development and introduction of methods, such as Lessons Learned and status reporting via KPIs
- Q&A responsibility over the course of the entire project
The establishment of a Scrum Framework yielded improvements in the project management, better employee motivation and higher productivity of the development teams, as well as increased flexibility for complex development projects. In addition, the management noted a reduction in its organizational burden.